These little guys are so easy to make and pack so much flavor with simple ingredients. Dress them up as mini footballs and make the perfect party favor! #superbowl We always serve these when hosting any sports event.
- 1 pound small potatoes ( about 2 inch across- red or yukon work great)
- Olive Oil
- HEPP’S Kosher Flake Sea Salt
- Sliced colby jack cheese, cut into small 1/2 inch squares
- Light sour cream
- Cooked bacon, chopped
- Sliced green onions
- HEPPS Sea Salt ( we love using several varieties, hickory, ghost pepper, rosemary, white truffle, roasted garlic)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place chopsticks on each side of the potato. Using a sharp knife, make several cuts though each potato, avoiding cutting all the way down. ( chopsticks will prevent that). Place Potatoes on baking sheet.
- Rub cut potatoes w/olive oil and sprinkle with Kosher Salt.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Pull out of oven and place cheese squares between a few of the cuts (3-4) on each potato.
- Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Let cool for 5-7 minutes before topping with sour cream, bacon, onions, and your choice of naturally blended sea salts.
Serve warm or at room temperature.