This is one of our go to dishes when the outdoor grill is fired up. Of course, you can grill indoor on a skillet but nothing tastes better than a grilled steak. We love grilling flank steak because it has a lot of flavor and won’t break the bank. A side of green beans with a balsamic drizzle is a perfect compliment to this dish.
- 1 flank steak trimmed
- 1 pound green beans washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons steak seasoning ( recipe below)
- Olive oil
- Lemon Sea Salt
- Aged balsamic ( we love Gourmet Blends)
- 1.5 tablespoon smoked sea salt ( we love mesquite)
- 2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano ( or Italian Seasoning)
DIRECTIONS: Heat grill to medium-high heat
- In a small bowl mix together all the steak rub ingredients
- Pat dry flank steak and light rub both sides with olive oil.
- Season both sides of flank steak with steak rub
- Cook Flank steak on grill turning frequently 12-18 minutes depending on desired temperature. Pull the steak off at 125 to 130°F for rare, 140°F for medium rare, and 150°F for medium. Loosely cover with tinfoil and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- While steak rest cook the beans.
- Place green beans in a large skillet; pour in 1/4 cup water.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. As soon as water comes to a boil, cover pan and cook 3 minutes.
- Uncover pan, cook 1 minute or until water evaporates and beans are crisp-tender.
- Sprinkle beans with lemon sea salt and pepper.
Slice steak across the grain for tenderness. Flank steak in a lean cut and will be chewy unless you cut across the grain.
To Plate: Drizzle balsamic on plate and place a handful of green beans on plate. Placed sliced flank steak over green beans and enjoy!