CRISPY BREAKFAST POTATOES
These Crispy potatoes compliments of Chef Alex Martinez of Vernetti Restaurant are some of the best tasting additions to your Sunday Brunch. Simple ingredients and simple to make!
- 10-12 small round potatoes like yukon or fingerling
- Sea Salt, we love White Truffle Sea Salt but you can substitute (Hickory Smoked Sea Salt or Roasted Garlic Sea Salt)
- 1 cup Clarified Butter or cooking oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- In large pot, boil potatoes until tender, about 10-15 minutes
- In a skillet, heat clarified butter or oil to medium/high heat
- Once potatoes are soft and tender ( let cool before smashing) smash with palm of hand or spatula. Be careful not to “over smash”
- Place smashed potatoes in the skillet and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side or until desired crispiness is reached.
- Remove from skillet and let cool for a minute. Finish with chopped parsley and white truffle sea salt. or roasted garlic sea salt