These Crispy potatoes compliments of Chef Alex Martinez of Vernetti Restaurant are some of the best tasting additions to your Sunday Brunch. Simple ingredients and simple to make!
- 10-12 small round potatoes like yukon or fingerling
- Sea Salt, we love White Truffle Sea Salt but you can substitute (Hickory Smoked Sea Salt or Roasted Garlic Sea Salt)
- 1 cup Clarified Butter or cooking oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- In large pot, boil potatoes until tender, about 10-15 minutes
- In a skillet, heat clarified butter or oil to medium/high heat
- Once potatoes are soft and tender ( let cool before smashing) smash with palm of hand or spatula. Be careful not to “over smash”
- Place smashed potatoes in the skillet and fry for 4-5 minutes on each side or until desired crispiness is reached.
- Remove from skillet and let cool for a minute. Finish with chopped parsley and white truffle sea salt. or roasted garlic sea salt