This healthy salad is an easy and delicious lunch staple at our house. Don’t yet the simplicity of the ingredients fool you. The citrus vinaigrette packs a ton of flavor.
- Roasted or Grilled Chicken Breast, sliced and cooled
- 1 bag spring mix or favorite blend of salad mix
- sliced cucumber
- sliced red onion
- roma tomato quartered
- sliced almonds
- Avocado cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fleur de sel
- 3-4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon champagne vinegar
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, agave, mustard, and fleur de sel, whisking until everything are dissolved. Add 3 tablespoons of the oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly until the dressing is well blended. Add more oil slowly if desired. season with black pepper to taste.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly coat chicken with olive oil and season chicken breast with himalayan salt and pepper
- Baked or grill until no longer pink in middle. 25-30 minute in oven or 8-12 minute on the grill.
- Let cool and slice
- In a large bowl add salad, onion, cucumber, tomato, avocado, and almonds
- Drizzle Citrus vinaigrette over salad and enjoy