HOLY MOLE CHILI W/ FIRE STICKS
Looking for a dish that will steal the show at your Superbowl Party? This chili has a spicy-unique flavor that give it a dynamic infusion of flavor. This hearty chili is well balanced with a subtle hint of a mole sauce. Infused with Guinness, Coffee, and Cocoa powder it will light up your tastebuds!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound sirloin, cubed
- 1 (14.5 oz) can peeled and diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (12 oz) Guinness Beer or favorite dark beer
- 8 oz cup coffee
- 2 (6oz) cans tomato paste
- 1 (14oz) can beef broth
- 2 (15oz) cans kidney beans
- 2 red or green jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1/2 green pepper,seeded and diced
- Fire Sticks ( recipe below)
- Sour Cream
- Green Onions
CHILI SEASONING (mixed together)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chili powder (mild or hot)
- 2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon 7-Fire Smoked Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 can Pillsbury crescent dough sheet or 1 loaf of french bread sliced 1 inch slices
- 1/4 stick butter
- ghost pepper sea salt, habanero sea salt, Gochujang Sea Salt
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook onions, garlic, ground beef and cubed sirloin. Season with salt and pepper and cook 10 minutes or until meat is well browned and onions are tender.
- Mix in the diced tomatoes with juice, Guinness, coffee, tomato paste, and beef broth. Mix together and add all the chili seasoning.
- Stir in 1 can of kidney beans and diced peppers.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours. Check occasionally and stir.
- Stir in remaining can of kidney beans and simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Serve with toppings of choice and a side of Fire sticks for dipping
FIRE STICK DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Open Pillsbury Crescent dough sheet
- Cut 1/2 stips and roll with hands to make 8-10 inch sticks
- Coat cooking sheet with cooking spray and place sticks on sheet
- Bake for 11-12 minutes
- Take out of oven and brush with melted butter and sprinkle with choice of spicy sea salt.