HEPP’S Roasted Red Potatoes
Now that Fall is officially here and it might be OK to start thinking about turning on your oven again (those in So Cal know what we are talking about.) Roasting potatoes instead of loading them up with deep fried grease and other fats helps keep them nutrient packed, and low calorie.
- 1/2 pounds small red or white potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- HEPP’S Himalayan Pink and Garlic Sea Salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in half or quarters and place in a bowl with the olive oil, HEPP’S Himalayan Pink Sea Salt, and pepper; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil and transfer the potatoes so they spread out into 1 layer. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until browned and crisp. Flip twice with a spatula during cooking in order to ensure even browning.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, finish with parsley and HEPP’S Garlic Sea Salt, and serve hot.
Alternatives: Instead of using the himalayan pink you could use a flake salt like HEPP’S Signature Flake salt or Aussie flake. Garlic can be replace with Rosemary sea salt, Ghost pepper sea salt, Applewood or 7- fire Smoked sea salt or even Black Truffle Sea Salt.