HEPP’S Put An Egg on it Burger
Want to make the best burger for your Cinco de Mayo party, try this! You can make your own special burger however you want for this we our turkey Tex-Mex recipe. We also used our HEPP’S guacamole recipe to top the burger and when frying the egg over easy or sunny side up is recommended. Delicious and fun but it is also a bit messy serve with a stack of napkins and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey (93 percent lean)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 thick slices country bread, halved
- HEPP’S Guacamole recipe
- 1 fried egg
- HEPP’S Hickory Smoked sea salt
- Form turkey into 4 patties (4 inches each). Using thumb, make an indentation in center to prevent burgers from rounding on top. Sprinkle with chili powder; season with HEPP’S Hickory smoked sea salt and pepper. Cover and grill until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of a burger reads 155 degrees, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Add cheese and cook another 2 minutes
- On a frying pan or skillet on your grill fry up the egg, over easy so yoke is still juicy.
- Meanwhile, grill bread until lightly charred. Place each burger on a piece of bread; top with egg, and HEPP’S guacamole and serve.
Alternatives: For burger seasoning a regular flake salt like HEPP’S Aussie flake, or Cyprus flake. You can also finish with a Truffle sea salt, or the smoked salt as well. Both go really well with the avocado and burger.