This dish is works for both brunch or dinner. It is so quick and easy and a family favorite!
Prep: 30 min.
total: 1 1/2 hours
- 1 homemade or store-bought single-crust pie dough
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups medium diced yellow onion (from 1 large onion)
- Ground pepper
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon HEPP’S Applewood Smoked Salt
- Bake crust as per directions on label
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high. Add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until light golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Add onion, bacon, and cheese and season with 1/2 teaspoon HEPP’S Salt 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Whisk to combine, pour into crust, and bake until center of quiche is just set, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature. Add an extra pinch of salt to taste.
Alternative: HEPP’S Hickory smoked sea salt, HEPP’S Habanero sea salt for heat. Use HEPP’S Black Truffle Salt. **If using Black Truffle Salt, season after fully cooked right before serving.