HEPP’S Cinnamon Sugar French Toast
Here is a great family favorite, try baking instead of frying for a low fat option and easier clean up
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 4 slices Whole grain bread
- 2 teaspoons HEPP’S Cinnamon Sugar
- Fresh fruit – in combination fruit always include 1 berry for added sweetener
- Preheat the oven broiler and toast the bread on each side.
- spray a large, square baking dish with cooking spray
- Whip eggs, milk, and HEPP’S Cinnamon sugar together and pour into another square baking dish.
- Soak bread for 2-3 minutes per side so the pieces soak up the egg mixture leaving very little egg mixture left.
- Spray a medium sized baking dish with cooking spray. Heat the oven to 350 degrees, and arrange the bread in your baking dish. Bake for 25- 30 minutes until the egg is set and bread is no longer mushy.
- Once fully cooked cover with fresh fruit and sprinkle HEPP’S Cinnamon Sugar and serve.
*In the picture above we used syrup, the fruit has so much of its own natural sugar you can skip the syrup and still get a very sweet delicious taste!
* Other suggested HEPP’S sugars Raspberry, Vanilla bean or Dark Cocoa